Mo' betta blues.

I am going to Jazz cafe tonight. Lemme tell you fellas out there (and ladies too because there is room in my heart for all) if you wanna get at me, I mean really, you gotta know Jazz music. That is my aphrodisiac, knowing your jazz (provided there is initial attraction) will almost get you a finger trip... Hmmn, here is one of my favourite modern Jazz tunes, it is by Terence Blanchard and Branford Marsalis, it is featured in one of my all time movies, 'Mo' Better Blues' (I recommend the film to everyone, if you liked 'Love Jones' for more than Larenz and/or Nia, though those two make a good enough reason to like a movie, I will recommend this film to you). I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

L.


8 comments:

JustDB said...

hmmm.. gettinng the weekend off to a titillating start it seems.. enjoy it...

Parakeet said...

Jazz is for the mature mind. I keep saying I'd go especially when Jill Scott was performing but never got around to. Enjoyed that.

Blogoratti said...

I'll make sure to see that movie,thanks for the heads up. Jazz Cafe? Now you got me all jealous. Give us the lowdown afterwards will ya?!!

Buttercup said...

jazz..im afraid i dont listen to much of it..im trying to branch out from my regular hip-hop..maybe i shud try jazz..

L-VII said...

Hello all,

JustDB, I went and it was really good, thanks.

Parakeet, Jill is the business, her third album isn't all that but 'jill and friends' makes up for it.

bloggratti, it was great, nice crowd, chilled and good company.

Buttercup, you should totally try jazz. I think the mo' better blues soundtrack is a really good way to test the waters.

Tari. N said...

Are you kidding me? I love jazz!!!!!!!!! and that piece was beautiful...it brings back certain memories....Just got back from a night out...tot i should stop by and show sum love!! xoxo

Later Luv!!!
F.

Alter Ego said...

Jazz, That has to be the definition of super chilled cool.

seye said...

Read down your blog! INTERESTING! Hey I love jazz...and play a little of jazz...so what next? lol